if there is one thing metallica fans like us know, it’s that metallica is a portmanteau of metallic + replica. speaking of portmanteaux, here are a few that i have been dreaming up since posting the first list exactly 400 days ago*.
- fauxtest: (faux + protest) when one pretends to object but secretly consents. as in: “i know that you actually want to see the latest rom-com with that curvy starlet, stop fauxtesting.”
- nonline: (not + online) the opposite of online, a synonym of irl. as in: “i have over 400 online friends but only six nonline ones.”
- femine: (feminine + famine) a dearth of females (cf. sausage party)
- purityrannical: (puritanical + tyrant) of the nature of a religiously and politically conservative authoritarian figure
- bar-b-coup: (barbecue + coup) to override your vegetarian friend’s crappy suggestion to meet up at a nasty falafel joint and instead reroute the party to a bitching bbq spot.
*this is the second post in the misc portmanteax series. posts in this series publish themselves every 400 days. the next post is scheduled for release on october 24, 2011 at which point the mayan gods will have eaten the earth for fourings.